NEBTEK Lightning DVR
Designed and manufactured by NEBTEK, the Lightning is our 2-camera, entry level QTAKE System with built-in Mac Mini that runs on the new QTAKE Lite software. The Lightning features dual-channel SDI input/output with XLR for audio. For mouse and keyboard support, we’ve included three 3.0 USB ports, two located in the back and one in the front.
The Lightning is lightweight, weighing less than seven pounds, taking up only a half rack unit wide and 2 rack units high.
The Lightning is bundled with a dongle that includes QTAKE Lite, a simpler version of QTAKE HD which is great for beginners who want an entry-level system to more powerful features that QTAKE provides.
NEBTEK has manufactured QTAKE Systems for over 5 years and is a leader in video assist systems and technology. NEBTEK is the official U.S. distributor of QTAKE HD, we are here to support you if you have any questions.
- Dual channel SD/HD recording
- Camera triggered auto-record
- Synced playback of two clips
- Reverse playback
- Loop playback
- Frame by Frame playback
- Variable speed playback
- Multiple In/Out markers
- Chapter markers with titles
- Tree-based visual clip browser
- Clip, camera, and shot metadata
- Clip notes
- Camera media file name
- Import QuickTime video files
- Import AVI video files
- Import WAV audio files
- Import JPG, PNG, TGA & TIFF image files
- Export PDF report
- On-screen display
- Still mix
- Demux & Quad
- Master/Slave remote control
- BMV Videohub direct control
- SDI video card playback and live processed output
NEBTEK Lightning Features:
- Integrated Apple Mac mini
- Blackmagic Design Deck link
- Dual Channel SDI input/output
- 12 volt DC power 4-pin XLR
- Professional XLR audio connectors
- Professional BNC video connectors
- External reference
- External monitor connector
- 3x USB 3.0
- Ethernet port
- Displayport/Thunderbolt port(internal)
- *1TB SSD ( (60GB for OS 940GB for recording)
*Actual formatted drive may be less
NEBTEK Lightning FAQ:
Q. Does the price of the Nebtek Lightning include the Qtake Lite Software?
Q. Is the license upgradeable?
A. Yes, you can upgrade to HDX2.
Q. Is the License Transferable?
A. Yes. just remove the dongle (internal) and move it to another computer with the license.
Q. Can I run a full version on Qtake on the Nebtek Lightning hardware?
A. Yes. Using SDI out or 1 channel GPU out over HDMI.
Q. Does it have mixing and keying?
A. Yes. Using still mix you can dissolve or chroma key between the live camera and a still background image. Using the DVE you can resize, rotate and scale both the foreground and background image. The Still mix is available for both views in Qtake simultaneously. With Qtake Lite you can Process 1 channel out via SDI out.
Q. Can I network the Lightning to my Qtake HD cart?
A. Yes. It can be networked and provide additional cameras for existing Qtake systems.
Q. Can I use the streaming module with Qtake Lite?
A. No. Stream module is only available with the full Qtake System.
Q. Can I run Final Cut pro on the Lightning?
A. Yes by all means run final cut or premiere, check your email, surf the web…It’s ok. It’s your computer.